Applied Computer Vision and Robotics Engineers, £35-42k PA
Createc is a rapidly growing technology company with aspirations to do things differently and make a positive global impact. With a focus on customer value and an entrepreneurial attitude, it applies science to real-life problems to deliver cutting edge solutions into multiple sectors.
Createc is working on a number of exciting robotics projects for customers around the world. We are looking for talented, creative engineers and scientists to join our small but expanding robotics research group. In this role you will be responsible for leading the technical development of novel hardware and software system and suggesting improvements for existing system. The role will require the ability to design, implement and test real-time algorithms to enable robotic systems to interact with dynamic environments.
Createc people are enthusiastic team players who delight in finding novel solutions to tough problems and then breathing life into their ideas. They are optimistic, but pragmatic; creative, but focussed. In addition to these fundamental characteristics, you will have:
- A desire to lead by example and a proactive attitude to solving problems (Formal management experience not necessary).
- The ability to break a complicated idea down into smaller, simpler components that can be delegated to the team.
- Experience of implementing and modifying algorithms, preferably in computer vision/robotics.
- Experience of integrating code into physical/real-time systems. Experience with ROS desirable.
- Good general technical knowledge and an active interest in technology trends.
- Sound programming skills in C++ and ability to work with higher level languages such as Matlab and Python.
- Familiarity with an R&D environment, gained in either an academic (PhD) or commercial context.
- An excellent degree in a relevant discipline.
- Practical experience implementing robotic arms as part of an integrated solution would be beneficial.
These roles are to be based at Createc’s Lake District head office, or in our new office in central Oxford.
If this role looks like it is made for you, please email email@example.com and tell us why.